Legal Question in Family Law in New York

if i were to terminate my parental rights, do i still need to pay the back child support?

Asked on 4/11/12, 11:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

Yes. You are responsible for arrears.

As an aside, I do not know anyone that can terminate parental rights without consent from the spouse and court.


Read more
Answered on 4/11/12, 12:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York