Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My sons ex virfriend failed to inform him that their son was born until 2 days later. She did not list my son as the father on the birth certificate. My son filed a petition for paternity and that has been established, but his ex still won't let him have his son for visits until custody is established through the courts, can she do that? We live in Albany NY.

Asked on 8/16/13, 5:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

He should file a petition in the family court for custody and visitation.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 6:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York