Legal Question in Family Law in New York

While I'm traveling out of the country with my kids to watch over my dying sister, my husband manages to lose the apartment (eviction due to nonpayment). Not only that, he manages to get a gun charge. I was planning to travel back to usa but without a home to go home to and possibly MIA husband. I'm left with an option of staying in my home country and file for a divorce for my children's sake. Do I need to go to NYC to file for divorce or can I file internationally? If so, how do I go about?

Asked on 6/09/15, 8:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Joseph Alan L. Joseph, Esq.

You probably need to file in NY since that was your residence. You can check with a local attorney in your country to find out about your country's residency requirements.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/15, 4:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York