Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

i am not sure what kind of attorny i need.. i own a home with my mom but my brother has poa. he has taken all the money fema issued her to fix her home which has serious mold issue and did a water repair and refuses to pay that bill states i can pay when it rlls over to my property tax bill.. our mother does not speak english so he lies and she believes it.

Asked on 11/03/12, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Any attorney that's engaged in civil litigation should be able to help your case. The other question that I have is: if you are a part owner, meaning, that your name is on the deed, you do have standing to enforce payment of the FEMA funds to you for home repairs because you are a beneficiary to this finding source.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/12, 9:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York