Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I lost a suite. The judgement is in favor of an individual who's company I contracted to do work. Do I now have to make payment to the individual, or can I write the check out to his company since that is who I had the original contract with? I want to send the check to his business because I now know it is not a legitimate business and I can then notify the IRS.

Asked on 10/26/12, 4:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly

The judgment is in favor of the individual. That's whom you pay.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/12, 4:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York