Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I live in Brooklyn, NY, and have a nieghbor who has club speakers and a microphone set up in his backyard and blasts music all day and night into the wee hours of the morning at least 4- 5 days a week and even more in the summer. The police say there's nothing they can do but ask them to turn it down, but as soon as they leave, they crank it up again even louder. It affects my work because many nights I don't get enough sleep. It makes home life miserable because I can't hear the TV or the company in my own home. Can I sue them for something like quality of life, or what other legal remedy is available to me?

Asked on 5/29/10, 2:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristen Browde Browde Law, P.C.

The police are incorrect. You should call 311 and file a complaint...and you can sue them for harassment. But remember that you'll still be living there afterwards...and this will not improve relations between you.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/10, 5:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York