Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

hi how are you, I'm an American citizen and I wish to know if it is any possibility that I could apply for my sister green card. She is from Peru and she is here in NYC with a tourist visa until February. My sister is 17 years old. We lost my father 4 years ago and my mother is unable to support her,so I'm the older sister who wants take care her. She is applying to high school now because she wants to continue her education here.

Asked on 10/15/12, 12:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ernest DuBose DuBose Law

Yes you can, however it could take a while. Provided your sister is not married and you are over 21 it is something that you can do. It will require the filing of two applications both the I-130 by you. Then you have to wait for approval then get a priority date and file a I-485.

This can be a fairly complicated process. I encourage you to contact DuBose Law at 646-704-3262 if you need further assistance.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/12, 12:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York