Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I am a US citizen and a military service member. My wife came to the US and then applied for asylum by filing Form I-589 which is still pending. She has employment authorization and social security number. I know I have to submit both I-130 and I-485 forms, but what strategy should I follow so it gets done faster?

Asked on 4/23/22, 8:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Immediate relatives of former servicemembers are eligible for parole in place. Form I-131.

DISCLAIMER: Practice limited EXCLUSIVELY to Immigration and Nationality matters.

Please bear in mind that all the information contained in this message, does not constitute legal counsel as of yet, and is purely for your information. Asking for any additional information or questions pertaining this legal matter has not created a legally binding Attorney-Client relationship, or a contractual relationship for your legal representation, until you have completed a Legal Representation Contract with us and we have accepted a retainer or deposit to initiate any legal proceedings.

For additional info regarding attorney advertising, disclaimers, terms and conditions visit:

Read more
Answered on 4/24/22, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York