Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Hello, I'm not USA citizen but I want to travel to Argentina, Buenos Aires I only have my SSN and my permit to work. But I did some research and it said that I don't need a visa to travel to Argentina I just need my passport from El Salvador. Can I travel and come back without getting in trouble?

Asked on 11/12/16, 5:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

The problem is, you will never be able to re-enter the United States without a greencard, valid, nonimmigrant visa, advance parole or refugee travel document (depending on what your current U.S. immigration status is). You cannot re-enter the U.S. with an EAD. Don't leave the country if you don't have the correct documentation to get back in.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/16, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York