Legal Question in International Law in New York

Can another country make me pay a fine for an incident that occurred four years ago?

Asked on 11/26/13, 1:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

Only to the extent that they can enforce that here where you are or if you have assets in that country that can be the subject of a court judgment order.

It is likely not worth their cost and effort, but a foreigner can certainly sue a US citizen here in the US or in their own country if they have jurisdiction over them, like if you committed a tort while in another country,

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Kind regards,



[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/13, 5:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in New York