Legal Question in Employment Law in New York

my employer paid less than half of the taxes for my salary for over 7 years, I never got a pay stud said we don't give pay stub I got cash and a W2 at the end of the year the only way I new this, was I need help with a foreclosure (Home modification Loan) and needed a paid stub when I ask for a paid stub I got copies of checks for less than 1/3 of my salary.

Asked on 10/12/17, 9:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Your employer's failure to deduct the proper withholding tax is problem between your employer and the IRS only. You are still ultimately responsible for paying the amount due on your federal income tax return which you would have or could have noticed each year that you filed your income tax return.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/17, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New York