Legal Question in Legal Ethics in New York

I worked as an intern this summer for a London based company who is starting up here in the US. Myself and the two other interns were verbally told that we would work 40hrs/wk at a pay rate of $10/hr. We kept asking for a written contract but kept getting the run around. Now, the company is refusing to pay our total amount owed (I'm owed roughly $3,500) and instead they will only pay $1,000. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 9/08/16, 3:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Assuming you worked in their office in New York and assuming the company is (also) registered in New York State then yes you have a recourse against them. My colleague handles such cases please contact me directly and I'll refer you to him.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/16, 3:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in New York