Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

How long do u have to file for a slip n a pothole lawsuit

Asked on 11/15/13, 11:10 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

3 years assuming you are an adult suing a private landowner.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/13, 4:06 am

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

If a city street, you must service a Notice of Claim on municipality within 90 days.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/13, 4:59 am
Michael Krigsfeld Krigsfeld & Associates, P.C.

If it is a city pothole you must file a Notice of Claim against the city within 90 days of the occurrence to initiate a claim. If the claim cannot be resolved then a lawsuit must be filed within 1 year and 90 days of the occurrence. You need an experienced attorney to represent you either way (you will have to appear for a deposition if against the city). We would need to determine who is the proper party to file the claim against. For an absolutely FREE consultation please contact me at 347-702-4133 (office on Monday) or by email at [email protected] (anytime).

Yours truly,

Michael Krigsfeld

Read more
Answered on 11/16/13, 6:53 am
Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

Depends on where you fell. As noted above, different rules and time frames when it's a public road or sidewalk versus something on private property (like a parking lot). Speak with a lawyer and, if possible, bring photos of the accident scene (broad and close views) at your consultation. Best, M. E. Zuller

Read more
Answered on 11/16/13, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York