Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

I slipped at work. There was a slippery substance on the bathroom floor. It was super shine to clean stainless steal fixtures. I feel and injured my knee. I'm going to need surgery. Can I sue my employer

Asked on 7/27/13, 2:50 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

You can't sue your employer. It's a workers compensation claim.if an outside company you may have a personal injury case.hire a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/13, 3:05 pm

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

You should speak with a Workers Comp lawyer. Workplace injuries caused by your employer are regulated by Workmen's Compensation laws. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/27/13, 3:16 pm
Michael Krigsfeld Krigsfeld & Associates, P.C.

The above answers are on point. However, if there is an outside company responsible for the maintenance/upkeep of the premises then you may have a third-party actioin against them for your injuries. If you wish to discuss the matter any further please feel free to contact me for an absolutely FREE consultation. I can be reached by phone at 347 702-4133 or by email at [email protected] I wish you all the best.

Yourrs truly,

Michael Krigsfeld, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/13, 4:15 pm
Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

Workers compensation, it is. Likely, nothing else. Best, M. E. Zuller

Read more
Answered on 7/28/13, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York