Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I own real estate bisected by a large stream .One side of the stream has frontage and is occupied by me. The frontage on the other side was sold off many years ago by a previous owner. It is now a strip mall. This leaves me no access to my property on the other side of the stream , behind the mall. Can I get an easement of necessity?

Asked on 11/01/17, 11:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

That's a great question however I'm not a real estate lawyer and don't know the answer. When you say your property has 'frontage', do you mean on the other side (the side which is not located on the stream), you have a road?

Read more
Answered on 11/01/17, 2:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York