Legal Question in Securities Law in New York

i bought $50,000 in shares in a friends corporation ( incorporated in New York) about 10 years ago thru my self directed IRA.

I never heard another any more from this person (never got any reports or notices) and I heard that he moved from Mount Kisco New York to Oregon. Do I have any rights and if so what are they????

Asked on 9/10/09, 5:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Friedman Law Office of John K. Friedman

It depends on what type of shares you bought, the terms of the purchase agreement under which you purchased them (this is often called a "subscription agreement"). You should first determine if the company is still in existence and its current status is. This can be done in a number of ways. If you've questions you may contact me at my office (518.697.7944).

Read more
Answered on 9/15/09, 5:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Securities Law questions and answers in New York