Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

I'm a executrix of my dad died 2010, however I have 2 sibblings who are not cooperative, dad has a 2 family house which they live in also me.. the house is about to fall

eto the ground, being the xecutive can I sell this house without my other 2 sibblings signature or do I need there permisiion, the judge whas signed papers for me to distribute

my dads belongings which is less than 500,000 ...I had to let my other lawyer go because

he was too expensive, now I need to finf me another lawyer, my sister and brother is makin g it hard for me to do my job, this has been going on since dad passing 3/2010, now as executive can I hire me another lawyer to represent my dad estate

the will says I can hire a lawyer, sell property or invest,, I have no more money to hire a lawyer.. can I sell my dad house without my 2 other sibblings permission, or their social

security number. like I said this house is falling to the ground, and the the basement is all molded, and broken staircase going into basement, they refuse to let me in this corrated

basement.. My sibblings are mad because I'm the oldest and dad made me his executor

like I said can I hire a lawyer to sell this house, I don't think I need their permission the will

states I can , sell this house in I needed to hire a alawyer etc, I do have the judges seal of question do I need my 2 sibblings social security number. I could not change

the deed to the house.., my sibblings refuseto show up at court, half the time , my sister showed up maybe 1 or twice, my brother the drug addicted never showed upthey think they are above the I said I need to hire another lawyer to finish out this will since 2010.....any advise will be helpful. I'm 70yrs old and getting tired.

Thank You I live in NYC..I presently don't have a lawyer, no money can I sell this 2 family

house and hire another lawyer.

Thank You


Asked on 8/19/17, 2:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You need to go to a few lawyers with all of your paperwork and try to find a lawyer who will do the work and agree to get paid when the house is sold.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/17, 4:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York