Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

What type of legal documents allows a minor to be put on a deed and have an ownership interest in a residential property in NYC ?

I was told by my grandparents that they purchased the house for me their only grandson ! and i remember reading some additional documents and my name also appeared on the deed as the # 3 person , the problem is the documents were stolen from my grandparents and my own copies also were stolen , I have been defrauded of this and worse It may be possible all public records were also altered and stolen long ago . my question is realy what type of document allows a child to be put on a deed this was done back in 1967 I am guessing some type of trust or a guardianship ? or some other method ? since many lawyers here I have asked do not seem to know .

Asked on 6/13/18, 7:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You have not received any answers because there is no such document as you are looking for. It doesn't exist. What you need to do is see a lawyer face to face and explain the situation and bring to the office whatever paperwork you still have, and the lawyer will look at everything and come up with a plan of action.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/18, 12:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York