Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in North Carolina

In NC, I am being threatened by an unstable female. There was an incident where I touched her breast 2 months ago, and now she's making unreasonable demands that I (and my girlfriend) stay a certain number of feet away from her or she will seek a restraining order. She and I were never more than friends. I was never violent or threatening towards her, but am concerned about her lying to a court and ruining my life. She constantly threatens to call the police just because we are in the same place (we have a lot of mutual friends), but I have not called, texted, or otherwise tried to contact her. She is admittedly vindictive, so I believe she would do whatever it takes to see me punished as she sees fit. But I don't want to give in to her unreasonable demands or stop being around our mutual friends. Legally, what can she do to me?

Asked on 10/10/11, 12:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Kash Law Office of Gregory M. Kash

She can always make unfounded claims that will cause you angst ans financial distress. I suggest that the next time this happens, that you bring it to the attention of any people you are with. Do this any and all times it happens, to build up a group of witnesses that have seen you doing nothing, yet being harrassed by this female. Show them the texts or messages. You need to protect yourself. I dont know there is anything that you can do proactive unless you go get your own restraing order, but that will be costly, and may end up with a retaliatory action by the female. A tough situation.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/11, 10:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in North Carolina