Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My daughter entered a same sex marriage in Maryland and needs a divorce. How does she get one?

Asked on 12/28/13, 7:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

She has to be divorced in a state that allows divorces of same sex couples. Unfortunately, she cannot legally be divorced in North Carolina as the law does not recognize the marriage.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/13, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina