Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My ex-wife and I have joint custody of our three children. One lives with me, two with her. She is out of state this weekend for a family funeral. My son and I are also attending . The girls are being watched by their Maternal Grandmother . The ex-wife wants the her boyfriend to drive them down for the funeral. I do not want them to go with him. The Grandmother will hand them over to him. How can I prevent this.

Asked on 12/18/13, 7:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Why would you want to prevent it? Do you have a legitimate reason such as he is a convicted pedophile or has seven DWI convictions and no license or do you just not like the fact that he's your ex's boyfriend? If you have a legitimate reason, the only way to 'legally' prevent it is to hire an attorney ASAP to file either some sort of injunction or exparte order. If you just don't like the fact he's your ex new squeeze, you're options are to deal with it or be a jerk about it.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/13, 12:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina