Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My ex was not granted any of my retirement in our divorce, but he sent in the divorce papers showing they were part of our assets but there was no quadro written during the divorce. My retirement fund has placed a "quadro" on my account and says I must get a court order to have it released. We can not find my ex to serve the papers to go back to court. What can I do?

Asked on 2/19/14, 8:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

If there was no QDRO and no order granting a portion of retirement to you ex then this is a screw up by who ever administers your retirement fund. You should not be required to go through the expense of going back to court to fix their screw up.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/14, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina