Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

In North Carolina you must be separated for a year to file for divorce. Other spouse lives in another state. If he doesn't have the year waiting period how can NC spouse get the divorce to be under NC jurisdiction in lieu of other state?

Asked on 2/21/14, 11:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

You can't! Sometimes NC residents get screwed - welcome to good 'ol boy land!

Read more
Answered on 2/21/14, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina