Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

I live in NC. My daughter turned 18 in January and will graduate high school May. Her father has decided to no longer pay child support. Our order does not have a cutoff date. Our order was through the Clerk's Office. Please tell me what to do.

Asked on 2/21/14, 6:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

What? The child is 18 and not a child anymore. 18 is the cutoff point unless still in high school or the father stupidly agreed to a longer period in a Separation Agreement or other similar document. But seriously? Hasn't 'ol Dad been bleed dry long enough? Cut the man a break - what's a few months in the grand scheme of things!

Read more
Answered on 2/21/14, 8:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina