Legal Question in Employment Law in North Carolina

Can I file a Lawsuit against the Company I work for not paying me all of my Money, and spreading my Personal Business around?

So I got Terminated from my Job, because of the Fact that a Cust. asked to speak with a Supervisor, and Corporate was told that I transferred the Cust. back to the Que, and not the Supervisors are telling everyone at my Job what happened, and also I was told that I would get paid $12 extra to work on a day that I was off, but never seen the overtime on my Check, can I file a Lawsuit?

Asked on 8/17/13, 11:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

For the pay, sure...but it is probably not worth the time and hassle. You should contact the NC Department of Labor. That is where all wage disputes should start. I hope you got proof of the extra payment in writing, it will be difficult to prove this is they only made the statement orally.

Also, employers do not owe employees any true right to privacy, so if they told other members of the company what they believe happened with your situation, they have not broken any laws.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/13, 7:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in North Carolina