Legal Question in Employment Law in North Carolina

I was fired yesterday because when I got my check I was told that child support to my whole check and when I told them that by law they could only take 40 percent of my pay they payed me cash minus 40 percent and then fired me and I wanted to know if I could sue

Asked on 11/13/13, 5:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Unfortunately, no. You can be fired for any reason other than discrimination and retaliation. Unfortunately, while this was in bad is legal.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/13, 1:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in North Carolina