Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

I had a new hvac installed (September) and found out recently when the inspector came by and failed it that they did not connect the ventilation to the outside. So, carbon monoxide has been pouring into my attic for 2 months without our knowledge. I'm sure the inspector will come by today and pass it since they've finished the work. This doesn't cost me anything extra, I'm just trying to get past the fact they endangered the lives of my family. I asked for a written apology and have got no response. Should I sue them or is this common occurrence?

Asked on 1/10/17, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

A written apology would be tantamount to admitting their mistake in a 100% provable and likely admissible in Court way. While that would have been the way good business was done in the '50's, in today's sue first ask questions later society, almost no one owns up to their mistakes anymore - especially in writing. As to suing them, you can look into it but if you have no damages you don't really have a good suit either.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/17, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina