Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

My daughter and I bought a home together in NC. She moved to Illinois and I still reside and make mortgage payments on the home. Is there anyway she can sign her part of the home over to me without having to refinance?

Asked on 3/12/13, 7:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeff Rosner Rosner Law Firm P.A.

Yes - she can have an attorney prepare a deed conveying the property to you. She will need to discuss with an attorney what types of consequences there might be but it should not impact the mortgage.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/13, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina