Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

My sister and I inherited our parent's home in 2009. She expressed a desire to keep the home and pay out my half. However, she has made no effort to pay and is now living at the house. How do I get my half of the property's value?

The property is in North Carolina. I am in Tennessee.

Asked on 8/07/13, 8:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You can file a patrician action to force the sale of the home...but you need to consult an attorney before you attempt this.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/13, 8:20 am

Jeff Rosner Rosner Law Firm P.A.

You need to file a partition action with the help of an attorney but you should first talk with your sister and see if you can work something out.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/13, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina