Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

I Recently Junked My Old Car The Car Had A Ticket Pending For No Tags I Asked The Magistrate What I Could Do They Said Sale Or Junk The Car.but When They Gave Me The Recipt No Info Was On It About The Car Should I Get More Info And If So What Type Of Info Should I Ask For?

Asked on 4/30/18, 9:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cars don't have pending tickets, people have pending tickets tickets. And you don't talk to a magistrate about a ticket, you talk to an ADA. It may be possible that an ADA is willing to dismiss the ticket if you can show proof that the car was 'junked' - that would likely need to be in the form of a receipt (if you sold the car as junk) or a letter from the salvage yard and yes, that receipt or letter should contain at least the same information about the car as is on your ticket year make model, ect so that it can sort of be verified that the car you junked is the same one you got the ticket in. Also here's some free advice to save you time typing - don't capitalize the first letter of each word. Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 4/30/18, 9:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina