Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

An employee was hurt on the job and has been out of work and receiving workers compensation. He has been released to return to work but his position has been filled and his case has been closed. He received a letter from the adjuster stating that. Does the company need to send a letter stating that his benefits have stopped and he can file for unemployment now? We have told him this on the phone. Is this a matter of choice or by law are we required to?

Asked on 7/25/14, 9:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jesse Shapiro Law Office of Jesse Shapiro

The adjuster cannot make the call to terminate benefits, only an Order from the Industrial Commission can do that. Call a lawyer ASAP. I am a board certified specialist in workers compensation law and am happy to answer additional questions.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/14, 3:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina