Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Dakota

I am a Wisconsin Resident. I was sentenced to do time in the county jail I served my time. While I was incarcerated I was told that my car was sold w/o my consent ..If that were the case that was done fraudulently I never signed any paperwork or signed over my title to anyone... Then I was told it was stolen, I am getting the run-around Am I able to bring criminal charges against the person that I left my car in possession of.?? What steps am I to take on retrieving information on my vehicle..Should I file a police report and report it stolen.when I don't even know when it was stolen

Asked on 7/22/14, 1:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ross Brandborg Brudvik Law Office

The best possible step is to file a police report in the county where you car was being held.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/14, 1:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Dakota