Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Ohio

Should I attend the court hearing scheduled for the filing of "Motion for Relief from Stay and Abandonment"and would I be doing the wrong thing by not attending???

Asked on 9/12/15, 6:10 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

If you're representing yourself you need to file an opposition that meets with the courts local procedural guidelines.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/15, 7:50 am
David Michael Benson Benson Law Firm

If you are trying to stay in your house, you should seek counsel to:

1. Object to the motion and attending the hearing on your behalf;

2. Submit a loan mod packet after a thorough review of your financials and analysis of what options are available to you that the bank isn't going to tell you about;

3. File RFIs and NOEs in anticipation of claims against the bank for laws they have violated; and

4. Assist you in scrubbing your credit to help you rehabilitate your score and prepare you for your next major credit purchase (usually a car).


Read more
Answered on 9/12/15, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Ohio