Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

My husband was charged with criminal damaging 2909.06 in Ohio and 2911.21 Criminal trespass. It was his vehicle but a friend was driving; my husband jumped out of the vehicle when his friend started on the property and the friend fled in my husband's vehicle; my husband went to jail when the sheriff arrived and now faces these charges. Not only did this occur, the friend trashed our vehicle, dropped it off at our house (where i found it later) and again fled! What do we do? Can we press charges against the friend for unlawful use of our vehicle and for the damages?

Asked on 9/27/09, 6:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

You could sue the friend for the damages to your property. Plus, you can also file a complaint but there may not be a lot that the police do. What I would recommend is to sue the friend in civil court. You will need an attorney to do this and I would be happy to represent you.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Read more
Answered on 9/27/09, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio