Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

In Ohio, can a active probationer request to be decreased to inactive probation or even early release from probation, if they meet qualifications. If so, does this request go to the PO or the judge. Is it just a simple written request or official legal forms? Thank you

Asked on 4/09/16, 11:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs Jacobs & Lowder

Generally it is advisable to ask the probation officer first. This will give you a good idea of your chances. If you want to go directly to the judge with a motion that's ok too. If you want to use a lawyer to do it I would charge you $300 to file the motion. Call me directly if you want. 216.952.1990.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/16, 8:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio