Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

my daughter & 4 yr old grandson have lived with my husband & I for the past 3 yrs. Biological father is in prison for Agg Burglary & domestic violence. My daughter has now gotten into trouble and as of today is in jail, for how long, we are not yet sure, but as it stands right now she will be in jail for approx 2 weeks, she also some mental health issues that need to be dealt with. Can my husband & I get emergency custody of our 4yr old grandson?

Asked on 7/12/10, 8:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.

It is very possible. You can get a "kinship power of attorney" as long as both biological parents sign off on it. Check with your juvenile court for the forms or contact an attorney who can draw one up for you.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/10, 7:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio