Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

If a divorce decree states that a party must sell or refinance the marital residence within 90 days, and 3 years later they still have not, is this considered contempt of court?

Asked on 7/12/11, 4:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, if the party ordered to do something in a Divorce Court Decree does not do it, then the other person's remedy is to file a Motion to Show Cause why the person so ordered should not be held in contempt of court for the failure.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/11, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio