Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My sons biological father moved to a different state when he was 6 months old, he is now 2 and a half and has never seen his biological father since he was 6 months old, the "father" has moved back recently and is threatening to take me to court for visitation rights. We were never married and he does NOT pay child support. Any advice on how to keep the "father" from gaining any type of rights to my son?

Asked on 7/11/11, 2:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio the father is going to have to intitate court proceedings so that he can first establish paternity. Once that happens, then he is going to have to convince the court that it is in the best interests of the child to have the involvement that he seeks in the child's life.

Further, the court is going to assign a monthly amount to him to pay in child support and so if he really wants to press for his rights, he might want to consider that with rights come responsibility.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/11, 4:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio