Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My wife and I are getting a dissolution and she insists that she does not want spousal support. She earns about $45,000.00 a year and I earn $100,000.00. We owe no bills of any kind. We filled out the separation agreement but have not filed it yet. Can the judge change the agreement over the support issue even though we are both in agreement?

Asked on 6/21/17, 4:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Caplan Robert L Caplan Attorney at Law Inc.

The Judge can do whatever the Judge wants. However, it is VERY unlikely the Judge will alter your agreement so long as you both testify that you disclosed your assets and debts and she testifies she is aware she may be entitled to spousal support but is voluntarily waiving her right to it,

Read more
Answered on 6/21/17, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio