Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

I was the victim of a home invasion a couple of months ago. The 2 perpetrators were juveniles, but they broke my nose and held me at gunpoint while they stole items from my home. The police have prints, and other evidence and are about to make arrests. Once they are convicted, can I sue their families to recover medical costs, moving costs, lost wages and other things like that?

Asked on 2/04/16, 10:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

An option that does not require you to file a lawsuit would be to seek compensation from the Ohio Attorney General's Office Crime Victim Services section. Contact the Crime Victim Services section to inquire about what expenses you might be able to claim and receive compensation for as a result of their criminal acts.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/16, 11:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio