Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

i was in a auto accident it was not my fault other driver was cited for im proper turn.his insurance is deneting the claim.can i sue the company for damages to my car and atterny fees.

Asked on 5/19/10, 6:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Vaseem Hadi Rendigs, Fry, Kiely & Dennis LLP

No. You have to sue the other driver and obtain a judgment against him. Then, if necessary, you can file a separate supplemental action against the other driver's auto insurer to enforce the judgment. I suggest retaining an attorney to do this for you. In addition to how the attorney will know how to bring the case, often times, the insurance company won't negotiate or take you seriously if you are not represented by counsel. Pleae call me to discuss.

Vaseem S. Hadi


Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 7:05 am
Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

Not exactly. You have to file suit against the other driver first. If you are successful, you may then separately file against his/her insurance company if need be.

Andrew R. Tobergte

Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio