Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

A 5 year old kid climbed out of my sons window on to my roof and jumped off. He broke his foot, the window to where he jumped off is about ten feet. I am wondering if I am responsible for his medical bills?

Asked on 4/28/10, 3:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan Fisher Lowe Eklund Wakefield Co. LPA

If you have medical payments coverage on your homeowners or renters policy your insurance company will pay his medical bills up to the amount of your medical payments limits, usually anywhere from $500 - $10K. As for as additional liability the family of the child will have to prove you, or someone living in the house was negligent in either maintaining the property or supervising the child. I suggest you contact your insurance company immediately. If you don't have insurance you may want to hire an attorney to protect your interests. Was the boy seriously hurt? Did he need surgery or hospitalization?

Read more
Answered on 5/03/10, 8:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio