Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

I was involved in a accident. The other driver was at fault. I went to the hospital for xrays and seen a orthopedic doctor. The other driver's insurer now wants me to fill out a authorization for disclosure of medical information. I have talked with them before and told them the doctor that I seen wants me to give my injuries time. Is it in my best interest to fill this form out and send it back? Will I waive my rights for settlement? How will it impact any settlement I receive?

Asked on 10/19/10, 6:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

You do not have to fill out the authorization or you can certainly tailor it to only provide relevant information. Bear in mind, however, that the insurance company may refuse to properly evaluate your case if you refuse disclosure. Should your case wind up in litigation, the defense will have the right to relevant medical information anyway. Feel free to call me to discuss your case in more detail. 513-737-5180 ext. 22.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/10, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio