Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

Can I take legal action if my parents took a portion of a personal Injury settlement I was involved int at 16, and received at 18?

Asked on 12/12/14, 6:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Hess T. Hess & Associates, LLC

Typically if there is a settlement of a minor's claim, there needs to be a guardianship set up in the county probate court. The court then appoints a guardian and monitors all activity of the funds that are distributed according to the courts approved plan.

Read more
Answered on 12/15/14, 11:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio