Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

How would I obtain video surveilance from a store that only give to you if you have a police do it or supeona for it and the police say its not a criminal matter so they dont get involved and it's not going to court so i dont know how i would get a supeona for it either and my insurance company say they dont do that(get video) but I believe there is proof on there that would prove the othe motorists is lying.

Asked on 8/25/10, 7:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan Fisher Lowe Eklund Wakefield Co. LPA

Ypou probably can't get it absent a subpoens but you should at least send the store a letter asking them to preserve the tape since they only usually keep them for a week or two before taping over them. Tell them "any destruction or obliteration of this recording will be considered spoilation of evidence under Ohio law for which you can be held liable." At least that way you can subpoena it if a lawsuit is ever filed.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/10, 6:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio