Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

I got in a wreck and broke my shoulder, the dr said it will hurt everyday for the rest of my life. How much money should I ask the insurance company for?

Asked on 10/22/10, 11:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Simon Johnson Law Offices of Simon W. Johnson

The amount of money you should ask for depends entirely on your present injuries, their severity, and the permanency. Understand, too, that if the insurance company believes you were at fault, they may not offer anything. Depending on the insurance company your are dealing with, you may not get a reasonable settlement offer before filing suit. In this case, a lawsuit should be filed to protect your right to full and fair compensation for your injuries. You have 2 years to file a lawsuit from the date of the accident. While retaining an attorney will decrease the overall amount of compensation you will receive (as the attorney will take his or her fee from the recovery), it will guarantee that your rights are best protected. My advice is to retain an attorney so that (1) you can go on with your life without having to deal with insurance adjusters and (2) your legal rights can best be protected.

If you'd like to discuss these issues further, feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Simon W. Johnson

[email protected]

(440) 477-6075

Read more
Answered on 10/28/10, 7:54 am
Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

I agree with Mr. Johnson. I would emphasize that each case is unique and that a determination of the value of your case depends upon a number of factors. For example: Did you suffer a wage loss? Does your injury continue to affect your activities of daily living, work, etc.? Are your medical bills still outstanding? Has your physician determined a percentage of permanent impairment? Has your spouse, if any, been affected by the accident? These are just some of the considerations that an attorney specializing in auto accident cases can help you to analyze.

Feel free to contact me at 513-737-5180 ext. 22 for a free consultation if I am in your area.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/10, 9:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio