Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

My husband and i signed land contract papers on dec.29 2008 we had the papers recorded in the courts, we agreed to pay off the house in two years. I called the owner to get pay off last month and she went up another 15 thousand dollars. I told her that she could not do that we had a agreement and we were not paying that much money. She called me back a couple of days later and told me that she went bankrupt and we had to move.So we did a couple of days ago,she will not give me nothing stating that we are not obligated to the contract any longer..How can i find out what is really going on and are we still obligated to our contract,. And how can she do that with our conrtact still valid.

Asked on 8/28/09, 11:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

You need to take her to court to enforce the contract. I would hire an attorney to assist you with this and I would be happy to help you.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Read more
Answered on 8/29/09, 6:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio