Legal Question in Workers Comp in Ohio

My husband was injured on the job in 2002. He went back to work after the injury, but could not sustain a job because of the extent of those injuries (crushed vertebras). He has not worked for 3 years and has applied for disability compensation and is waiting for his court date next month. The company that he worked for paid for the medical treatments for a time after the accident and my insurance has paid since then. He recently received a letter/questionnaire from my insurance company asking him about the injuries. We believe that they are going to try and get compensated by his former company (who is self-insured). What we are afraid of is that neither place will cover him from now on and we cannot afford to cover his medical bills out of pocket. What can we do?

Asked on 9/26/09, 11:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

You need to wait and see what the disability hearing says. Plus, many hospitals offer financial assistance for those who can't pay their medical bills.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/09, 1:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Ohio