Legal Question in Workers Comp in Ohio

ok this question is for my mother. she got hurt at work and now she has been un able to work for over a yr maybe to yrs and they just now told her that they wanting to settle out and just give her money and let it be over. but i guess she was told by someone at the court house not to try and get alot of money that she wont get it. so she is saying maybe ask for 20,000 and thats it..... i told her to try for couple hundred thousand because they told her her back is meesed up that she will never be able to work again. i dont think 20,000 will last her the rest of her life then what is she supposed to do? what do you think she should try and do?

Asked on 7/12/10, 6:06 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Michael Benson Benson Law Firm

She should find a good local comp lawyer. She needs someone who can properly value her case and make sure the settlement is structured properly.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/10, 10:03 am
Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

Your concerns for your mother are quite common. She should definitely talk to an attorney in her area who can discuss the best course of action for her case.

Andrew R. Tobergte

Read more
Answered on 7/12/10, 10:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Ohio