Legal Question in Workers Comp in Ohio

how many times can you switch doctor. Had surgery on the right knee but knee isn't getting any better after one year. doctor report don't make since so i keep losing my workman compensation hearing what can i do about it. need to switch lawyer too.

Asked on 2/09/11, 1:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Yeager Bainbridge Firm LLC

I may be able to assist with a portion of your question regarding a change in doctor. A physician of record (or POR, for short) is an important part of any workers' compensation claim. A POR is generally the doctor who provides the direction for treatment. At times, it may become necessary to change a POR to a new doctor. A claimant may seek a new POR by filing a Change of Physician Form with the BWC.

Here is a link to the change of physician form:

Any new POR should be BWC certified. The BWC maintains an online listing of BWC certified providers as the following internet address:

Read more
Answered on 2/09/11, 3:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Ohio